Thursday, August 27, 2009

Define "Fat" ?

You know whats the most annoying thing for me to hear... hearing skinny Asian girls calling themselves fat.

I know I am saying this because deep inside I am envious of their Asian girl frames and I do think of myself as being fat. So I am a hypocrite for even criticizing them for this, but it still bothers me. Its not so much that they may be fishing for compliments or truly feel like they are fat, but the mere fact that if they call themselves fat, I must be huge!!

And of course they would never say I am fat or huge, but I think its because they generally don't think I should be compared to Asians. Typically Asian girls will say "but you are tall," and such, which I usually take it as " since you aren't full Asian, we can't expect you to look like me," which is true because I am never going be 108 pounds at 5' 2''.

However, I hangout with a bunch of 5' 2'' 108 pound girls, which makes me feel quite big around them sometimes. Its not their fault at all that I feel like that sometimes - I think its just due to human nature to want to fit in with their community. And especially in the Asian single community, everybody "type" of guy and girl tends to fall around that range. So when guys talk about their "type," it generally means the 5'2- 5'6 range but always 108pounds.. And girls "type" is .. well.. anyone bigger than them, which isn't as discriminative against genetics. But I do share sympathy with the guys who barelly passed the kid's size requirement for rollercoasters.

So here I am, hanging out with a bunch of Asians and still single. Me think there is a strong reason for this. And its not even about my frame size, but generally I don't think I am Asian enough for a lot of Asian guys. I had a similar conversation with several other half-Asian girls, and we all seem to have similiar problems within the Asian community for whatever reason. ( those super hot half mix girls don't count because I am speaking about normal looking people and not the people who won the genetic lotto ticket)

My sister got lucky with marrying a Hmong, but I think it was because she was the only Asian girl in a 30minute vicinity in Germany, so without other options, my brother law actually got over his "type" preference and went to the closest Asian. (of course this is my theory, but I question if this would happen if they met in California)

So my conclusion is to stop hanging out with Asians and faced the reality that I am stuck with a white person. And not to say that would be a bad thing at all, but I don't know any white guys, or atlead not white guys that have some kind of decent education and doesn't expect me to love his 4x4 Truck as much has he does. My other option is to move to a country where I am the only Asian girl, and hope for a lonely Asian boy like my sister.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Vicki, it's okay.. I only dated white guys and thought I would marry one but I didn't.

    Maybe you should date white guys and than an asian boy will marry you.

    However, you already dated two asian guys. I don't know if that mess up your chances.

    Lol..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha.. I wrote this for you shelly. I thought you would think this was funny.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin