Thursday, August 6, 2009

Shelly's Recaps Part One: Dating

Khoo and I got married twice. Once in court on November 21st, 2008 and another in front of all our family and friends on June 26th, 2009. Once a week on Thursday, I'll do a recap on our wedding and relationship. These posts will show all the little details and what made the event oh-so-special. 

Part One: Dating 

Khoo and I met at work. We bonded over our work labor and after four months of sharing our souls, we admitted to each other that we liked each other. Even though we liked each other, we decided not to date each other. Both of us wanted to keep a professional work relationship and did not want to jeopardize our careers. 

Khoo wrote this message in myspace during that time: 


"Risks.

Why is it that we're f***ed no matter what road we take?
To take the risk, to plunge into the unknown...
Risk are risk because we can either f*** ourselves over or come out lucky with the greatest of outcomes...
Then again if we don't take the risk, we won't ever feel the backlashes of our failures... but we won't ever feel the warmth of success... which usually leads to what if's running rampant through our minds and unforgettable regrets.
When we choose to take that risk and it goes sour... does that regret last as long as if you never took it?
To live in safety... or to say 'atleast I gave it my all'...
What path would you choose?

I'm so confused..."


After two months of liking each other but "staying friends", one night changed all that and our future relationship. 

It all started when I was watching a movie in Khoo's room. I was in a chair and he was on the floor. He than looked at me and asked me, "Can I kiss you?".  I was shocked. For the past two months I've been dreaming of this moment. However, I never really thought it would of come true. I felt my face flushed. I than felt myself unable to speak. I can't say anything but I nod my head "yes". He than stood up and leaned into my face. He kissed me. 

After that night we started an unprofessional relationship. 


1 comment:

  1. hahaha... And MySpace made it all happen. Technology is used to spur on love. awwww..

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin