Saturday, August 15, 2009

Grad School.

Should I or should I not? and when?

URg.. I have been thinking a lot about going to Grad school to get a MS in IT management because I know I lack some important skills at work. Since I come from a non-engineering background, everyday I do doubt what I am doing. My other concerns are related to what would happen to my career.

And I am afraid I'll hit a point where I can't move anywhere because I lack the skills and thus, I am doomed in only a few roles. My greatest fear is what would I do if I get layed off, would I find another job? Will I be automatically not considered because I don't have the right education on my resume? Even worse, I can't find a job that doesn't require the super duber techical experience.

So I really want to go back to Graduate School. Yet, there are all these other concerns on how am I going find the time and energy to study for the GRE. Or how am I going be able to pay for school ? Or even worse, how am I going pay for my living expenses. The money issue is such a big deal with me that when I look at graduate programs, I first look at is their tuition page. I hate the fact that so many of the programs are soo expensive. Even the really low programs are at least 20,000$, and these schools are a tier lower than MSU.. so whats the point?

I see the numbers, and I'm sent into this depressive state. The fact is, I can't expect to get the same financial aid for grad school as I did when I was in undergrad. I find it hard to save a lot of money in a short period of time too. And all of this won't happen until I get steller GRE scores and hopes for a TA job. I wish God can just change the situation where I can take some of this off my plate.

I really do need Jesus guidance on this issue. I don't even know if this is the right course for my life, or should I be looking for something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin