Sunday, August 16, 2009

My Favorite Musical Artist Right Now.

Lately, I have been raving about an Somalian American Hip Hop artist named K'Naan. He is a rapper/singer who immigrated to the US from Somalia, but in my opining is a musical genius. His lyrics are amazing poetry of very powerful human experiences that speaks about life and about a social cause. And his lyrics are creative and flows soo smoothly.. that everytime I listen to it, the music hits me again.

I really want him to make it really big in the US and Europe, so people can really listen to his music and force a change in the music industry. And demand more real music that address whats really happening in the world. I would like people to listen to his music and not see Africa, or any other war torned country, as something alien from our own reality.

So I really recommend just listening.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin