Monday, August 10, 2009

I'm Mid-20s, and my friends are having Babies.

Yesterday, I went to my second baby shower this year. And at all baby showers, girls talk about life. Single women talk about dating ( especially the lack of dating) and getting married, and married women talk about having babies or taking care of babies. At this particular baby shower, none were married and most were not in any kind of dating relationship. So, we could all sympathize with each others.. hahaha..

Its weird to slowly see my acquaintances and friends getting married and having babies, and I ..... am in Dallas, TX. NOT TO SAY that I don't enjoy being single, but its just weird to see them in different phases of their lives; when only a few years ago, these same people were in the same life phase of being single and studying.

Sometimes I am a bit envious because they are going through all these new kinds of experiences, but other times, I am grateful that I can avoid all the troubles associated with those experiences. Ultimately, I have to continually remind myself that God knows what was going to happen to me, and trust God is ultimately working ALL things for good- beyond my short- sightness on things. Cause who am I to question his judgement?

And I am actually enjoying watching others go through these transitions. Because it definitely true being a Wedding Guess is a heck a lot more fun than being in the Bridal Party ( even though I was MIA in planning my own sister's wedding. I get tired just hearing about other girls experiences in planning a wedding )

Anyways, the baby shower was cute. It had its baby cake, the typical party games of measuring the mommy's stomach, and the other what-nots..

However, the cutest thing at the party was this Diaper cake.

This is a picture of the diaper cake from the baby shower. When I first saw it from the distance, I was thinking, " Wow.. that's a lot of money to spend on a cake for a baby shower?" I came up to the cake and thought how mad cute it was to roll up all those diapers and staking them up with ribbons and flowers. Good job!!!!!


AND ALSO:
SHELLY RUINED MY DREAMS OF MOVING TO CALIFORNIA FOR SCHOOL... NOW WHY WOULD I GO TO OMAHA, NEBRASKA ??? THAT WOULD BE LIKE A STEP DOWN FROM DALLAS.. URGGGGG

1 comment:

  1. Shelly or connie.. I don't appericate it that you labeled Vicki and Single together.. Cause then whenever someon looks at single, its always going be about me. -,-

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin