Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Shelly's Wants to Buy a House.

My husband and I want to become homeowners. 

We have been researching "home ownership" and the Omaha area. After searching around, I think I fell in love with the Papillion, Nebraska area. It's a suburban town outside of the city of Omaha and was rank #3 for "Best Places to Live" by Money Magazine. You can read the article here.


All week my husband and I have been dream shopping online for houses. I'm sure by the time we move to Nebraska, most of these houses will be off the market. However, shopping online is giving us a pretty good idea about the local housing market and the kind of houses we can afford. The majority of the houses we like are in the $150,000-$250,000 range. We decided to look for houses in Papillion and La Vista. La Vista is another area we really liked but would be farther away from where we work and Omaha. 

Also, dream shopping online has really help Khoo and I; we are finding out the kind of houses we like and the kind of features we want. Khoo likes houses that are less than thirty years old and have large spaces. I like houses with hardwood floors, open kitchens and nice backyards. We both want a three-bedroom home with modern necessities and a garage. 

After going through hundreds of housing postings that meet these features.. both Khoo and I agreed on a favorite. 


It might not look like much from the outside but once your inside. 


Just wow.. Hardwood floors and a high ceiling? Yes! 

One of the most beautiful kitchens I've seen for a house in our price range. Simple layout and very functional design. 

The backyard has a small patio and plenty of space. If Khoo and I bought a house like this, the only work we really need to do is put a backyard fence for our dogs. The bedrooms look like most regular bedrooms. White walls, blah carpets.. but that is fine. When I look at this house I see a white canvas waiting for me to paint and decorate it. 

We found other houses we liked but by far this is the one I like the best. I like simple houses that are not overcomplicated or need a lot of work. I can't wait until we move and we can become serious about looking for a new home. 

What do you guys think? Do you see the potential? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin