Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Shelly's thoughts about her friends having babies.

All I hear about is babies, babies and babies. 

Many of my coworkers and friends are having children. It is quiet common to see monthly e-mails about all the new births and invitations to baby showers. Everywhere I go, I get bombarded with baby talk on a daily basis. It also doesn't help that I'm a newlywed. When I was single, no one at work even mention children. After I got married.. that all change and now I get asked quiet often, "When are you going to have kids?". It's getting to the point where I think my coworkers expect me to get pregnant. 

An example of this would be when I was talking about "babies" with my coworker Petri. His wife is four months pregnant and we were talking about her pregnancy. Well, another coworker was ease dropping into our conversation. He instantly jumps into our conversation and ask, "Shelly, are you pregnant?" I was quiet shocked. I never expected someone I barely know to ask me that kind of question.

This made me realize that saying the b-word around my coworkers is unwise. They would assume it's about me and not about other people. I have my new social status of "newlywed" to thanks for that. Being newlywed must mean you are trying to conceive. 

Khoo and I have no immediate plans for children. To assure this; I use my birth control religiously, we don't take risks and I pray to god. So far--So good. Even though we are not trying, I have been thinking about other baby-related items. 

A few weeks ago, I went shopping for baby clothes. Not for me but for my cousins. I currently have two cousins who are about six-seven months pregnant. I couldn't make it to their baby shower but I decided to buy them something anyways. 


Cute. Yes? That's the one thing I love about baby showers. It is all the adorable gifts. Baby clothes are so cute. Seriously, if I could get away with wearing ducky shoes all day.. I would. When I was searching baby clothes online, I came across this.. 


Can you imagine a cute little kid in these clothes? Just-Wow. 

Speaking of baby showers... .
My coworker Petri is best friends with my husband Khoo. Khoo will probably host a "diaper party" for him. They are quiet popular in my workplace. It's basically the guys version of a baby shower. Except the guests only bring diapers and a lot of alcohol. (Drunk Fest) 

I'm just hope I don't have to clean up any puke. 

3 comments:

  1. Hey.. do you have a mailing address for them? Cause I asked grandma for Crystals mailing address to send baby stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vicki? Yes, mom gave me their addresses. I'll facebook message it to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG.. I think a Diaper Party is awesome. Thats kick-ass awesomeness..

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin