Saturday, August 22, 2009

One is the loneliness number

Lately, I have been trying to adjust to Texas, and being away from family. I have been in this state for a year and half, and still, I don't dare to say or even want to say that I am a Texans. The mere idea of giving up my Michigan Linceses Plate and Michigan Driver Lincese Card is unimaginable. And the biggests reason is the fear that once I settle in Texas, I am doomed to stay here for the rest of my life. The only reason I am here is the mere fact my company made it so.

But why do I struggle with this? Well, I think if I moved to DC or Chicago, I would easily give up my Michigan Lincese Plate because I feel like that there would be more opportunities to find new jobs, meet new people, and even start a family... wait.. scratch that start a family bit, that can't happen until I find a spouse. And I don't think thats going happen because that particular area is a significant challenge for me ( urgg... I don't even want to it because its not anyone elses fault but mine .)

And so, this goes back to my feeling of loniness of not having family here at all. I have friends, but there is only so much friends can do in this area of intimacy. And there is not enough distractions in this entire area to stop this creeping feeling of the lack of family.

However, I have to be grateful that I have a job in an area that seems to weather the economic downturn a lot better than the rest of america. And I need to think of this as a pit stop to bigger better things. SO.. it goes back to thinking about Grad School, and trying, ever slowly, studing for the GRE and figure out how to pay for Grad school. Cause I think of myself as a fake IT person, and if I was to hire an IT business analysis, I don't think I would hire myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin